Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two!

Today she had a party at her daycare. She wore the birthday crown again which officially makes it a tradition.
Mommy made a mix CD as a party favor and Yarden danced to it.
Everyone else joined in. Daddy threw out his back while playing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes."
Yarden blew out her candles, but also burned her lip.

That's Eli next to her. It's his birthday too.


I think right now Yarden can be summed up by explaining her new maneuver I like to call “The Armadillo.” Every morning I put sun block on her face and every time she says “Not in my eyes” and then covers her eyes; sometimes while running and that usually does not end well. When I do manage to get some on her face she smears the lotion into her eyes while attempting to wipe it off. I’ve gotten good at boxing her in between the couch and my legs, but she has come up with judo-like move of her own: She waits until my hands are covered in lotion and blocks like a boxer while simultaneously resting her thirty-ish pounds of dead weight on whichever limb is holding her up. Eventually I have to put her down or risk smearing the couch and/or my dress shirt with lotion. She folds into a ball on the floor and scoots backwards (The Armadillo) until she can make a run for it. My favorite part is that when it’s finally done and she has stopped complaining she calmly turns to me and says “Thank you Daddy.”


I’m very proud of her problem solving skills, and I’m guessing that she is on her way to becoming a lawyer because she can turn any ten minute task into a half hour.

1 comment:

GQ Magazine subscription from £2 per issue said...

Hi,
Thanks for your good work and it always pays off. Please keep this work up.

Regards from laamash.com